1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Epifani NYC 310 -vs- UL 310

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by g4string, Apr 3, 2009.

1. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    I have an offer to trade a piece of my gear for a NYC 310. I have read some positive stuff on the UL310. However, I am having a hard time finding any info on the NYC 310, let alone any info comparing the two models. I am wondering how the two match up or don't match up (of course, there is a weight difference). FWIW, I would use my LMII to power the cab. For 'big' gigs, I would add a UL410 and power both with a B1500. Thanks for all of your help!!

JG

2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I've owned and gigged both. The NYC310 is quite heavy, and IMO sounds a bit closer to the newest Series II model...very smooth mids (to the point of sounding a bit scooped), with a nice low end bass extension.

Unless you are really on a budget, I would HIGHLY recommend holding out for either a Series I or an early Series II 310UL (both weight around 47 pounds).

Nice cab though, but again, IMO, you get NOTHING soundwise for the additional weight.

3. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    one more try........anybody else??

4. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles

+1

I've played through both, and as usual, I agree with KJung.
    I still have the UL310s-1. You'll have to pry it from my cold
    dead hands

5. Tunaman

Tunaman

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    I have the older T-NYC 310...
    Heavy is a state of relativity... My Eden 610... thats heavy. My Epifani NYC 310 made it up 3 flights of stairs last gig & I chose to call it "exercise"
    Great sound... Great gigging cab. I would buy another T-NYC 310 to make a 610 in a second if I could find one

6. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I haven't played either, but KJUNG is always right on everything.

7. B String

B String Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Reminds me of my wife. Its really starting to bug me.

8. Lewis7789

Lewis7789

Sep 17, 2004
    Akron, Ohio USA
    Sales; ClearSonic Mfg.
    I use a series 1 UL310 exclusively and I adore it. By far the best sounding cabinet and the lightweight is wonderful while touring. I havent heard the NYC 310 in person yet so i can't really comment on it's tone. But I'm sure you'll be happy with either.

9. jadank

jadank

Jan 15, 2008
    hey i just bought your CA9, and picked up a Epifani T-310 in the same day! how funny is that. so my rig is Kot Bass > Radial J48 DI > Manual Dual Mono Preamp > Crest CA-9 > Epifani T-310. Cant wait to set it all up. Eventually I will get an cab with a 15 for a more modular system. thanks for the deal on the crest