1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Epifani Performance vs. Ultra Lite

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ehinkley, Aug 18, 2007.

1. ehinkley

ehinkley Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    Anyone have any comments to shed light on the quality of Epifani's performance series vs. their ultra lite series?

2. Basseroni

Basseroni

Oct 17, 2006
    Southern California
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amplification, Dunlop/MXR
    The quality between the two are the same. They are both great quality amp/cabinet systems but share some differences. For one the weight. The PS series cabinets are heavier than the UL series being that the UL series have neodymium speakers vs. the traditional speakers that are in the PS series.

I own a PS 600 and a PS 410. I love that combination and it gives me more power than I actually use.

As far as sound differences,I hear that there is a midrange bump in the UL series' cabinets although I don't know how noticeable it is in comparison to the PS series being that I've never gigged with the UL stuff. As far as the UL series amps vs. the PS 600 I heard no difference between the sound while trying them in the store.

The UL series is also a tad bit more expensive than the PS but it doesn't mean it's better. Your ears will have to be the deciding factor.