Epifani PS210 x 2: a good setup for me?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Double Agent, Mar 9, 2010.

1. Double Agent

Double Agent Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2006
    Lakeland, FL
    I've been looking to upgrade my cabs, as I've never really had any nice cabs. After lots of searching for info here and elsewhere, it seems like 2 Epifani PS210s would be a nice, modular setup for me. However, the PS410 is less expensive, so I am considering that as well, even though it is not as convenient or versatile as 2 of the PS210 cabs would be.

I play in an R&B band that does everything from Motown to funk to neo-soul/hip-hop. We aren't very loud, but I'd rather have too much horsepower than not enough. While its important that my cabs work for the various R&B styles I play, I would also like something that would work well for pop-rock and classic rock styles, but I don't think I will be playing in a modern rock/metal band anytime soon. I play mostly straight-ahead fingerstyle, but need a cab that also sounds good for slap/tap styles.

I probably won't have a chance to play the cabs before I buy them. Can anyone relate their experiences, good or bad, with these cabs? Aside from the convenience factor, is there any advantage to the PS410 over the 2x PS210 stack? Just trying to get as much information as possible before I pull the trigger.

2. Robear22

Robear22

Sep 28, 2004
    Zion, Ill
    I had a PS410 and I still own a PS210. Two excellent cabs for the style of music you are playing. They possess the Epifani clarity and smoothness but still have a classic sound due to the ceramic magnet speakers. I loved them both but the only reason I got rid of the 410 was due to it being a little heavy. I now own 2 PS112's and the 210 and I am really happy. The 210 sounds like a mini 410 and I could only imagine what two of them would sound like together. It sounds like you should go with the modular setup of 2 cabs. Then if you need to play a smaller gig you don't have to worry about bringing and big cab and the PS410 is a big cab. Nothing wrong with the cab sound wise it was just a size problem with me. If I was playing more big gigs I would have kept it but most of the stuff I am doing now does not require a real loud setup.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 25, 2021