1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani S1 speakers don't play nice with Aguilar amps?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Spencer!, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    I think not. I got a DB 750 in a trade last week and I've been running it through my 2 Epi series 1 UL112 cabs, and the Aguilar seems to be a better match with the cabs than the Epi was.

Who starts these kind of rumors?

Here's a clip.

Lineage: Bass -> DB 750 -> Epi S1 UL-112 mic'd

Sound quality of the recording isn't that great, but that's with the EQ's on the amp and bass set flat.

2. Most comments concern the DB750 matchup with the large Epifani410... too much low end and not enough mids for many of us.

The 112UL x 2 matchup seems OK, although it doesn't make much sense to me to haul that very heavy and powerful head around to only use it with two small speakers... IMO there... the clips sounded very nice!

3. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    It is heavy...Bass NW is supposed to get the Shuttle 6.0 in the next few weeks, that seems like a good head for the 2 112's.