Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epifani T-212

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wxp4759cb, Feb 13, 2002.

1. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    First does anyone know if there are any stores in Missouri that sell epifani?

What do you guys think of this cab?

How do you think it would sound paired with a BAM 210.

Does it come in 4 ohms?

Thanks,

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Hasn't anyone tried this cab?

Anyone tried the T-112

3. Epifani's website has a list of dealers. I didn't see any in Missouri.

4. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I have no idea if I'd buy it or not, but Bass NW quoted $875. Is that a good price? They have 3 day trial period.

5. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    It is a 4 ohm cab.
    It is a great sounding cab IMO.
    Bass NW gives good prices, but the Epifani is more expensive than other brands. If cost is an issue, you may consider the new Aguilar 2x12.
    The 1x12 is also very nice sounding. I own both.
    I don't know anything about the Peavey BAM. If you are considering using the Epi. T-212 merely as an extension cab, you could do it alot cheaper. The T-212 deserves, and works best, with it's own amp of at least modest power. The T-112 might make a good extension cab though.

6. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    The Epifani 2 12 and 310 are EXCELLENT sounding cabs. I tried them both out at Bass Central 3 weeks ago using a GK 700 head with a variety of 5 strings, including Lakland.

I'm not sure what a good price is, but both these cabinets are excellent and you shouldn't be hesitant to pull the trigger on either. You don't need the BAM speakers with these cabs, especially the 212. The BAM is LITTLE LEAGUE comparatively speaking. Trade it for another head or even a Peavey BAM only head,if you want and just go with the 212!!

Just an opinion if I had a stronger back what I'd do!!!

LKaye

7. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Would the fact the epifani is 103spl be a problem? I still want to be able to hear the BAM.

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    What amp are you using?

9. Um, why? If you're thinking about spending the money on a really serious cabinet like the Epifani, why do you think it's importatnt to be able to hear the Peavey speakers?

By the way, where are you in Missouri? I'm in Omaha, and I've got the T-212 and the T-112--if you were in Kansas City or someplace in the northwest, you're welcome to come up and check them out.

Mike

10. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Unfortunatly I live in Jefferson City, but I really appreciate the offer!!!

11. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I just saw a T-212D on Basscentral. Whats the difference between it and the normal T-212. Also the T-212 on their site looks different then the one at epifani.com . Is it an older model?

12. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I'll bet dimes to donuts that the latest version of an Epifani 212 is the one I just played at Bass Central a couple of weeks ago, which is the design of the one on their site, not the one on Epif's site.

The speakers are diagonally across from each other, not next to each other like on the Epifani site.

My guess is that Epifani, like it seems all the darn manufacturor's sites are way behind the equipment they're offering.

Example, there's a new Lakland Bass coming out, the 5 string Joe Osborn that some dealer is already taking orders for and selling!!, yet, show me anything on the site about it. It's not there. The site hasn't really been update for several months.

Likely the same with Epifani.

LKaye

13. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    Do you know anything about the D then?

14. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    DC
    Last year I emailed www.gguitars.com to get a price quote on an Epifani T-212 and they gave me a quote of $800. But I just checked their website and they have a price listed of $875. Maybe you could haggle them down to $800.