Epifani T-310UL: Wiring scheme

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mrbassman_de, Dec 29, 2005.

1. mrbassman_de

mrbassman_de Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2003
    Does anybody know how the 3 speakers of the T-310UL are wired together, so that the overall impedance results in 5,3 Ohm ?

I see two alternatives:
    a) All speakers have 8 Ohm, 2 speakers are wired in series (results in 16 Ohm), the 3rd one is wired in parallel to them.

b) All speakers have 16 Ohm and are wired in parallel.

If a) is true, then the single paralleled speaker gets 500 W power from a 750 W amp, the two remaining speakers get only 250 W. That doesn't make sense... But if it's true, then it would be a simple reason for the 310UL hazards reported here at TB... can't believe it really... :meh:

On the other hand I can't believe that Epifani uses 16 Ohm speakers (b)...

Who can help ?
  2. I'm pretty sure they use 16ohm speakers, which allows for equal power to each speaker. The 5.3 ohms is no big deal... just draws a slightly lower amount of power than a typical 4ohm cab.

What hazards have been reported with the 310UL? The only thing I'm aware of is that you need to treat it like a 4ohm cab when combining with other cabs... otherwise, you would never know it had an 'unusual' impedence.
  3. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    They are 16 ohm speakers...there aren't any hazzards with using a cab at 5.3 ohms, basically just treat it like a 4 ohm cab (which is why on the Epifani website now they just call it a 4 ohm cab.)
  4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the rumours are true.

my UL310 spits hot fire! hot fire! :bassist:

sorry, had to do it... :p

and yes, Kjung, the TFB into the UL310 is a thing of club sized, rampant beauty. :hyper: