1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Epifani T-410 UL Cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chbecker, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Hi Guys,
    The UPS guy brought me my new Epifani 410 UL Cab yesterday. I had a rehearsal with my blues band and wanted to share my feelings on the cab with you...

I am using a MTD 535 5 string bass through an Ampeg SVT4Pro head. At first I found the 410 UL to be lacking a bit in Low end punch, but very crisp highs. After about an hour or so of playing the bottom seemed to fill in nicely. I am assuming that has to do with the woofers breaking in. I am very satisfied with the cab after the woofers broke in. My former cab was an Eden 410XLT. I find the UL to have a slightly boomier bottom end and a much sweeter mid/high end. I actually found myself rolling off the treble on my bass to get "my sound" as compared to how I had it setup for the Eden. I can get the sound that I love from both the Eden 410XLt and the Epifani 410UL. My next gig is a 4 hour blues/funk/jazz gig on Saturday so I will get a feel for how it stands up in live performance at that time.

2. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    Welcome to the Epi family. :hyper:

3. Thanks. I love how light weight it is. After lugging around the Eden 410xlt, the weight difference is dramatic. It almost feels fragile. How long have you been using epi? Any problems?

4. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

My absolute favorite cab of all time... wonderful sounding, light, efficient, articulate, etc., etc. Enjoy!!!!

K

5. MacGroove

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    +1000 Ken, I've been using Epi's since Nick was building them out of his garage. Actually, Joey (Fodera) called me up and said he found my dream cabinet and introduced to Nick.
    The 410UL is an all round great sounding cab, a do it all, since I play a large variety of music.

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    i see nothing! i say nothing!

schultz.

;)

7. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

:D :eek: :D :)

8. That's a great cab.

I played the 6x10UL at the Frankfurt messe and holy..........!

-Christian

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    wonderful cab, no?

a pair being driven by a CA-9 w/ an Epifani Quest II preamp is my dream "arena" rig. :p

10. I emailed the Epifani folks to ask about the break-in of the new speakers. I would like to share with everone the response so here it is:

"...The speaker and the cones will stretch through usage achieving its full flexibility. Although you would be fine playing loudly at first, the ideal approach would be to push the drivers and cones gradually for the first few usages. ..."

11. Okay the gig results...

I played the UL 410 on a 4 hour blues/funk/jazz gig this past saturday. It was fantastic. We had a guest guitarist for one set as our featured artist and he was by far the loudest guitar player I have ever heard. My Epi UL410 and Ampeg SVT4Pro Kept my sound plenty loud enough for me to hear myself and well definied with killer tone. The guest artist even complimented my tone and playing. this cab is a keeper. I ordered an epi cover and casters this morning.

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    good stuff, CHB

my UL310 is affectionately known by my guitar friends as the "Silencer"... ;)

13. Kobaia

Kobaia

Oct 29, 2005
    Denton TX
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar Amp Gruv Gear and Mono Cases
    i have the t310 and it keeps up with my low B just fine, we just got a ul410 in our shop, and it couldnt hold the funamental of the B but you could hear all the over tones

14. MacGroove

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    That's great CHB. Most of the compiments on my tone comes from guitar players and drummers.
    With your SVT4Pro, are you using it at 1200 watts bridged into 4 ohm then? That's good headroom, because the Epi's tonal voicing sounds better with that kind of power.

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    ahem...

"break in"? ;)

16. yep, 1200Watts bridged and my Epi is 4 ohms.. That guitar player was starting to piss off our sax player because he was so loud. I never had to turn my SVT up past 30% on the master volume to keep my level audible on stage. My sound beyond the stage and dancefloor was handled by the PA.

Yeah, my B string didn't sound quite right for the first hour or so when the cab was new, but now it is larger then life!

17. MacGroove

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    That happens with our drummer.
    Never had a problem with my B, the Epi's, IMO, have always been dedicated to the B when designing their cabs.

18. jablues

jablues

Oct 17, 2005
    Seville, Spain.
    Hey, I´m considering an Epifani UL-610 for my Aggie DB750, but I never tried before. What do you think about it?? Has someone tried this combination ??
    :confused:

19. funknjazz

funknjazz Guest

Feb 25, 2006
    santa cruz,ca
    Does anybody own the uL 502 head with either ul 410 or 310? I am considering this combo for my main rig for larger clubs. I would get a 4 ohm cab to get the most power from the 502. Any feedback?

20. MacGroove

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    A great match up. My 410UL (4 ohm) tonal voicing really jumped out when I got the 502. It leave my WWU (1200 watts) at home now. The band noticed I had something new after playing a few notes, It can be heard evenly throughout the stage, wherever I stand, there's great tone and punch.
    If you're interested in a single channel version of the 502, the new Performance Series 600 will be released later this month. It has the same power amp but with the 1st ch. of the 502 with the addition of a treble shift button and also with the mid cut there's a mid level control so you can sweep it from 800 to 1200 (the 502 is set at 1000 internally).
    It'll list for $999.00 and weight is only 8 lbs.