1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani T-412 I want to lighten it with Neo speakers ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by James Secrettie, May 17, 2019.

1. James Secrettie

James Secrettie

May 18, 2018
    I would Like install light speakers any suggestions? 3F82A700-FDB9-4B9E-B7A0-00CE9AE7D65A.

HeavyJazz likes this.
  2. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    If I remember correctly those drivers have 80oz magnet structures. Similar Eminence models weigh in a little over 16lbs each. A Deltalite 2512 would shave off 45lbs. while the Kappalite 3012HO would be about 37lbs.

What's the overall size of that cab so we can get an idea of box volume we're working with?

3. James Secrettie

James Secrettie

May 18, 2018
    Thank you for your Post This cabinets size is. 38” height 27.5 width 17.5 depth

4. James Secrettie

James Secrettie

May 18, 2018
    Thanks 38” height 27.5” width 17.5 depth. Outside measurements

5. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Why not ask Epifani?

AudioTaper, wave rider and agedhorse like this.
  6. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    My experience is that you would be better off financially to sell your existing cabinet as is and buy a new cabinet after listening to a variety of light weight cabinet options and choosing the one that you prefer.

7. James Secrettie

James Secrettie

May 18, 2018
    Thanks I think your right

BassmanPaul likes this.
  8. James Secrettie

James Secrettie

May 18, 2018
    I just sent email to Epifani thanks

Gearhead17 and wave rider like this.
  9. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    The 2x12 version weighed 75lbs.....might not get very much for this beast of a cab.

In any case the Eminence S2012 is the least expensive and lightest option at $420 total. It will have similar mechanical spl limits of the originals while shaving off 50lbs.

Other option is to sell it and take a look at Mesa, Genzler, Audiokinesis, Fearless, Barefaced, and other premium manufactures.

10. srayb

srayb

Oct 27, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Try Schroeder cabs. They are light and powerful.

11. Omega Monkey

Omega Monkey

Mar 8, 2015
    Yeah, I never get why people try to make gear something it's not. What happens to the drivers when you take them out? They either deteriorate on a shelf in your basement, forever, or they get sold off and probably end up in a lesser cab built by a hobbyist. Just sell the cab complete to someone who can use and appreciate it, and get something that better meets your needs. If this was a mesa powerhouse or something they built a zillion of, I'd say go ahead, but I'm sure there are not many of these cabs out there, and obviously they use OEM speakers unique to the cab.

Meanwhile, the GK NEO 412 can be had for a few hundred bucks or so if you truly need that kind of firepower. 1200w cab that weighs in at under 100 lbs, and sounds killer. They are mass produced and easy to get drivers for. Otherwise there are lots of options if you wanted to downsize.

12. HeavyJazz

HeavyJazz Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2013
    Virginia
    That's the Darryl Jones cab. I wouldn't mess with it at all. You're a lucky guy!