Epifani T112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter McFerrin, Nov 12, 2002.

1. I've got an Aguilar GS112 already and I need another 1x12. I was planning on getting another GS112 but I saw an amazing deal on a T112--that I can pick up in person, no less--and I'm not sure if I can pass this one up.

Anyone have any comments on the tone as compared to the GS112? Is it louder? More midrangy? Smoother/harsher tweeter? The people demand answers! :D
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    bolder comes to mind. waay more open highs. yet, its the more aggressive compatriot to an Aguilar, whereas my Bergie is a sweeter one that's not as inyourface.
  3. Andrew Jones

Andrew Jones Banned

Feb 28, 2001
    Northampton Mass
    Be aware that there is a old and smaller model and a newer Deeper one more lows more wieght.

4. bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    Haven't heard or played the Aguilar, but I have a pair of Epifani T-112s. They have a big clean sound with especially good deep bass, and are almost impossible to make "fart", unlike a lot of other cabs. I also have some Bergantino 1x12s and (as noted elsewhere) currently my favorite 2x12 combination is a Bergantino HT112 sitting on top of one of the Epifanis.

PS. If you are going to mix and match cabs, make sure that they have similar sound-level ratings (or that you have separate amp channels so you can adjust them independently). Based on my listening tests, the Bergantino and Epifani 1x12s are well matched in sound level, even though the specs shown them to be rated 3dB different. Personally, I would want to try the Aguilar/Epifani combination before coming to any conclusions.
  5. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    I can't say on the Epifani since I've never played through one. But, from all I've read on them, I think they would sound great in combination.

Here's my main thought; if you can get it for a good deal, I'd go for it. If you don't like it you can sell it for what you have into it, right? Granted there's the hassle factor, but it seems like a good oppurtunity to me.
  6. I went to Larry Morgan Music here in Garland Tx and did just that - I used my venerable Mesa m-2000 and a/b'd all of thier available 112s: ag, berg, epi, genz. I have a nemesis 112 with an Eminence Kappa pro that is identical to the Ag So i was looking for a 2nd cab to "round out" the mids a bit. The Epi was a great match to the Ag's dark character. I almost preferred the Berg without the tweet, but the Epi was so tight in nature that they were in perfect compliment to each other.

Just MHO.

I say jump on it, you wont lose money, at worst case scenario.
  7. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i had the chance to a/b cabs by epifani bergantino bag end and aguilar
    the aguilar sounds great but it kinda reminds me of that tone that sounds great in your living room but that can't cut through the band on a gig
    i found the epifani and bergie much more assertive esp in the mids so i think they would compliment the ag's bass heavy tone
    the bagend is a different animal being very aggressive in the mids and i compliments my bagend 115 wonderfully
    overall i have to say that i enjoyed combinations of these 112 cabinets much better than any of them alone
  8. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    The Epi's OWNZ!

Seriously, they are clearer, less Ampegy than the Aggies. It's just about as big, soundwise, but it's cleaner. That's my take, any way.
  9. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    couldnt you just run stereo from your PA and make up the diff? IMHO, i dont hear much of a diff from series and parallel anywho's...
  10. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    The Aggy is a fatter sounding, not as agressive cabinet. The others are more clear/agressive/cutting but don't quite have as much fullness or bottom projection. The combination is excellent. If you're going to pick up the Epifani off of Bassgear for low bucks, I'd jump on that. Your worst case scenario is to resell it for what you paid for it.

Your servant el smugness.