1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani T212 ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by smeet, Jul 23, 2007.

1. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    What does everybody think of the (side-by-side) Epi T-212?
    Is it worth $550 in excellent condition?

How does it compare to the diagonal model and the UL 212?

Thanks all!

2. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    Oh man, in excellent condition, I'd say it's worth is. It has the tightest bottom and low mid I've ever played through and heard. Real tight. :hyper:

It's heavy and with the handles spread out, it makes for an awkward cab to carry. I sold mine many years ago because I couldn't handle the weight and handle spread due to age :rollno: my back and my cancer.

IMHO those are best cabs out there and the best Nick made and is the cab that reintroduced the 12's back into the bass community.

3. smeet

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Thanks, MacGroove!

Here's pics of the cab in question.

Also, I use an Eden WT-400 Traveller and an Aguilar DB750. Will it work well with both of these?
    Can I get a nice non-scooped, non-boomy sound out of it?

4. MacGroove

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    That's the one, looks in great shape too. Just in case there's a lot of fuzz balls on it, buy a bag of Shick disposeable razors and give the surface a real light shave. It'll take the fuzz balls right off. Start out light and add pressure if needed and use as many razors as you'd like, they'll get dull after a while. After you're done shaving the cab either vaccum it or take it to a gas station and blow it off with an air hose, just don't blow any air into the cone, the horn's throat or into the jacks on the back.

I had the 2nd cab Nick made, had round ports in the back and covered in a textured vinyl and had spring handles. It also had EV spkr's and a titanium bullet horn tweeter with no altinuater, just a on/off switch.

The first cab I was to have, Nick to it to a gig in NY for Lincoln Goines to try out and it never left Lincolns hands.
    I still give Lincoln a hard time about that now and then.

What I also liked about the T212, if I had too much botton end depending on the stage we're playing on I'd put the cab vertical.

5. smeet

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Thanks for all the info MacGroove! I'm probably going to go check it out tomorrow. Sorry to hear about your health problems... :(

Can I attach casters to the T-212 ? That might make it pretty managable.

6. MacGroove

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    Yes you can. Call Nick and ask for the casters he uses, you will not have to drill holes in your cab. Nick has these plate you mount to the bottom of the cab and the casters slide on and off. You might want to check with LeCover to see if they can still make padded covers for that model, I don't think Nick has covers for the T series. Mine were made from LeCover before Nick started having them.

http://www.lecover.com/

7. I love my T212. I picked it up right at Epifani when I was traveling from Austin to NYC (to Austin back again with my new 212 buddy).

I would compare the sound to a jazz bass in that there is a very nice middy presence overall (which can be eq'ed out if desired). It works well for my style as there is a more raw feel than Epi 10's. I go lightly using the tweeter through, which is not as smooth as the UL tweeters. 20%-25% "ON" is the max.

$550 is a decent price for the cab. I actually keep it vertical at all times.

8. It's a good price for a great sounding cab!
    I picked up mine from fellow TB're FunkyLemz when he lived in Tampa. It is difficult to move due to the wide handles, as MacGroove said, but IMHO it's well worth it. Great overall tone and TONS of volume if you push it.
    Get it! You can always sell it for essentially the same price, so you get to try for free. Mine has a LeCover cover.

9. smeet

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
  10. MacGroove

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    Sorry to hear that Smeet. :(