Epifani Tour combos and extension speakers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by abarson, Feb 12, 2018.

1. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
  2. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. In Memoriam

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    Embarrassed to admit I'm not familiar with the Epifani sound. I know it's boutique though. The design is strikingly similar to the Gallien Krueger MB series combos, which is a compliment. I'm a big-time GK fan. I think it's a very modern design.

I hope someone gets one and posts a sound review here on TB. :thumbsup:

3. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    This amp head to me looks really really cool.

piccolo.JPG

4. abarson

abarson

Nov 6, 2003
    Santa Cruz
    Yeah, I was actually hoping that Epifani followed G-K's design and made them powered extension cabinets. But still looks great on paper.

alaskaleftybass likes this.
  5. alaskaleftybass

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I understand your POV but I thought it kind of wasted the power in the GK amp, but what do I know-- for all I know the amp is already running at 4 0hms instead of 8. Would be nice if companies offered both powered and unpowered.

Are you considering Epifani? I might consider it considering my birthday's this Sunday. I don't know if I want the 210 though. 112 might be enough for me... and later an extension if necessary....

The 'slap' tone is totally wasted on me. I've never slapped a bass in my life and don't feel a need to. But I do like the 'vintage' switch and simplicity of tone controls.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Vinny Vincenzo likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 19, 2022