1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani UL 112 tweeters

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by stringsmith, Nov 13, 2010.

1. stringsmith

stringsmith

Apr 7, 2005
    Hello all, I have 2 Epifani UL 112 cabinets that I power with a Little Mark II head. Some time ago one of the tweeters stopped working. I ordered another one from Nick at Epifani and installed it and it still didn't work. Well, I sort of let it go and relied on the tweeter from the other one. Just recently the other one went. Now I have no high end sizzle and I can't live without that. I recently pulled out one of the tweeters and replaced it with one from my SWR goliath Jr. cab and that one doesn't work either (and I know that one works in the Goliath) . I'm at a loss. I don't see a fuse anywhere on the back panel. Has anybody had this issue? Any help from the great minds on this site would be awesome!

2. Many cabinets have a light bulb for tweeter protection. If it blows it needs to be replaced. It's normally mounted on the crossover board. try removing the back plate and take a look.

3. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    +1

That's the most likely thing. If that doesn't fix it, the capacitor may be bad.

4. stringsmith

stringsmith

Apr 7, 2005
    I don't see a light bulb anywhere on the back panel. Maybe it is a capacitor. Looks like a trip to a repair shop. :-( This must be a defect to have 2 tweeters blow on what is otherwise a rugged high end cab.

5. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    It should have a little lightbulb fuse in there somewhere. If it doesn't, I would add one during the repair.

What else is on the circuit board? Maybe an inductor, maybe 2?

A capacitor should only be a couple-few bucks if you can solder one in yourself.