Epifani UL-115

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Type-55, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Any body use or heard this cab? Any sound difference from the T-115 NYC model?

2. I've A/B'd the NYC112 and 310 with the UL112 and 310. Since the differences in tone were similar between these cabs, I assume the differences would carry over the the 115. If you do a search, there's lot's of posts on the differences between the UL and NYC line. In a nutshell, to my ear... NYC... more open, deep bottom... UL... very articulate upper mids and a tighter, somewhat compressed low end (which is a positive to me).

Also, since they do not make NYC's any more, if you are looking at an older used NYC115, Nick has made significant changes to the crossovers (for the better) over the years.... the early ones have a much different treble response (it's rather harsh to my ear) versus the later NYC's and ULs (very shimmering and articulate treble response. So, it's hard to generalize.... the early NYC line sounds different than the later line.

The UL line is so extremely light that it's almost shocking the first time you pick one up. Great cabs.