1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani UL-310?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rob2966, Jan 5, 2007.

1. rob2966

rob2966

Oct 19, 2006
    Vancouver, BC
    Hi there,

I currently have an Eden WT-500 into a 410XLT cabinet and I do like it. However, the 410XLT is a seriously heavy beast and I am getting a bit tired of hauling it around. My thought is this: Should I swap it for a Epifani UL-310? Would it drastically change the sound? For basses I have a Pedulla ET-5 Thunderbass and a Sadowsky 24F/5 on order. Would the Eden WT500 match nicely with it or would I want to go with a different amp as well? I believe the UL-310 would kick out enough power for any gig I would need (that's what PA systems are for anyway). FYI, I play a range from classic rock to funk and modern rock.

Later
    Rob

2. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    This is my cab of choice. Love it I love it I love it.

3. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    Yep, the WT550 and 310UL are a great match. I'm using my 310UL with a Thunderfunk, but I know a few guys on here that use it (or the 410UL) with the WT550. Eden heads are a nice match with Epifani gear, they add a nice amount of warmth to the clear, smooth Epi UL sound!

4. Alexander

Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    There's another thread going with lots of good info on that cab and other Epifanis as well that you might want to check out - it is the Sadowsky\Thunderfunk - what is the ultimate cab thread.

Check it out - good stuff :)

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    question is, "will your overall sound change?" OH YEA.

they're pretty darn different. you're not gonna get that sucked in midrange sound of the Eden's cast frame traditionally ceramic speakers.

the UL310 will seem more upfront and chewy in the midrange. almost thicker.

also, the epifani wont have that upper mid cut, tho the epifani's has a more refined and crisp sound up there.

on the whole the epifani will seem more polite, and will need some EQ'ing to achieve the lower mid kick w/ crispy highs sound of the Eden XLT cab.

also, while the Epifani cab is loud, its not nearly as loud as the Eden XLT, which is a pretty damn loud cab.

thankfully, the WT500's EQ section is pretty darn nice, so you should be able to find a sound that both your ears and your back will love. :D

6. Buzz

Buzz

Feb 3, 2004
    Metro Detroit
    I just acquired both of these products in the last few weeks. (The updated WT-550B)
    I'm still tweaking that variable EQ (my first) and haven't had it out yet for a good run through.

Sound-wise, I'm most happy with the WT-550B, Epi UL310 and my 96 Jazz.

"Articulate warmth" is what I'm hearing compared to my SWR stuff.

You could also consider the UL-410. There are many here that say it's enough for anything and it still weighs almost half of your 410 XLT!

7. maybe try the thunder rig (210xst/212xlt). Just a thought...:)