1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani UL II 212 users?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by esoxhntr, Oct 1, 2008.

1. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    Have been checking one out at a local store over the past month and am really getting to like the sound. I'm just wondering what amps people are finding to be a good "fit". I one I've been playing with has sounded pretty good with an Markbass LM250, but I'm sure there are lots of other possibilities???

2. fretster

fretster Advanced Beginner Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2005
    Moraga, California
    FWIW, I'm loving the Shuttle 6.0 with my Epi UL2-210, at 4ohms. Loud, deep, prounouced, effortless.

I'm interested in the difference between the EPI 210 and the 212.

3. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    how much would you like to spend?

4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I use a Mesa Walkabout with an Epi UL2 212. Awesome little rig, I must say.

5. SanDiegoHarry

SanDiegoHarry Banned Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2008
    San Diego, CA
    I've been pondering selling my Epi 4x10 and getting a 2x12... Combine that with my 2x10, that's all kinda good roaring goin' on!

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I've heard just about every amp ever made being auditioned through that cab in the store I work at, and there's a lot of them that sound good. But there are a three which always seems to prick my ears no matter where I'm standing in the shop. In order, they are :-

1/ Thunderfunk TF750
    2/ Epifani 902
    3/ Acoustic Image Focus

I don't know what it is about these amps, but I can't tell you how many times I've heard a customer auditioning some gear, I'l think "wow that's sounds awesome. I wonder what it is?", and it turns out to be the UL212 through one of these three amps.

7. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    Hmm... I would really like to hear this 212 with the Acoustic image. It might be the cat's ass. I'm not really thinking about a price, so both expensive and inexpensive suggestions are welcome.

8. FunkyLemz

FunkyLemz

Oct 17, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    2x12 - much better than the 4x10 - both series cabs. The overall tone is more present and actually has a bit of bass unlike the ul 4x10. Go with the 2x12 or a Bergie AE