1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani UL2-110 - help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shai-ga, Jul 23, 2007.

1. shai-ga

shai-ga

Dec 31, 2006
    Holon, Israel
    Has anyone heard this cab / bought it?
    What do you think about it?

2. I haven't played through the Series II, but have owned the NYC versions and also played through the original UL 2x110 stack.

IMO, it's a pretty good sounding 110, and many like it for DB and also to stack on top of a 112 or 115 for punch. However, IMO, the very small cabinet volume does not allow for much true low end, and the SPL is quite low. The cab will compress in the low end quite a lot at even moderate volumes. IMO and IME, the 112UL is a MUCH better option for small to moderate EB gigs.

IMO and IME.

3. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    I agree with Ken, it's great for DB but the UL110 would work better with a 112 or 115 if you're an EB player. I'd recommend for a single cab, get a 112 and add to it later if you feel you must like a 110 or another 112.

4. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    I have a series I UL 110. I have used it for jazz gigs with both EB and URB. For anything louder, I put it on top of a PS112.

5. shai-ga

shai-ga

Dec 31, 2006
    Holon, Israel
    One TBer mentioned that if someone loved the T-110 NYC sound he might prefer the Series 2 over S1.
    What is the difference between the T\NYC and S1 models?

6. The NYC models used traditional Eminence ceramic drivers. The UL S1 models used B&C Neo drivers. The B&C"s have an inherent upper mid sort of presence to them, so they sound quite different from the NYC's. The new Series II UL's use the newest Eminence Neo drivers, tweeked to Nick's spec's. They are a little more open sounding, and are somewhat more similar to the tone of the earlier NYC models.

7. MacGroove

MacGroove Brother of the Groove with a 'Pocket Full of Funk'

Oct 5, 2005
    Calif.
    The problem with living on the west coast is that you guys are 2 to 3 hours a head of me so I'm not up early enough to beat Ken to the punch, but it does make for nice reading while having a cup of coffee at work. :D

Ken, you and Tom amaze me, you guys keep it simple and to the point. Vic has this 2 ohm thing going all the time. :bag: :rollno: :D