Epifani UL212 UltraLight feedback

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by GeeBass, Jul 14, 2004.

1. GeeBass

GeeBass Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Chatham, NJ 07928
    Any feedback/reviews of the Epifani UL212 UltraLight 4ohm cabinet ?
    I'm playing blues, classic soul, jazz, funk, clubdates, ect.
    and looking for a single, real strong cab with good lows and
    low-mids that is LIGHT !
    The UL212 is 53.5lbs I was told...is this accurate ?
    Looking for feedback on tone, type basses used, size rooms used in, what used to power it, and other cabinets that were
    considered ?
    Has anyone compared it with the NYC212 heavier version ? AccuGroove WhappoJr ? Aguilar GS212 ? GenzBenz Neo 212 ?
  2. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    if there was ever a reason, i'd need a pair of 2x12's, these are the ones i'd get.

sure, i'm a total Epifani whore, but what beats a 50 lbs. 2x12?!?! most of the ultralite cabs i've tried all tend to have a bit more of a chewier fatter midrange right in the middle mids, compared to the regular brethren. and IMHO, i kinda prefer it. especially with my fingerstylie.
  3. GeeBass

GeeBass Supporting Member

Jul 14, 2004
    Chatham, NJ 07928
    Since I received no reviews/feedback on this thread....I went and bought a UL212 today because I really needed a new cab, and I couldn't find another fuller sounding single cabinet that was as light in weight (the UL212 on a good scale read 52.5lbs !). It is an 800wattRMS 4ohm cabinet !

I really have been feeling 'off' of 10" speakers lately...not getting quite enough 'speaking' voice in the lows/low-mids.

I have a few varied gigs over the next few days....I'll post a review soon. I'm powering it with an Aguilar DB750 head,
    using TaraLabs bass/spkr cables, and various vintage Fender Jazz basses and a Fodera bolt-on 34"scale 5-string. But just
    plugging in at home...wow...so far I'm happy...great sound and a lot of Db's ! We'll see how this works out on gigging situations over the next few days.

Still would like to hear impressions from any other UL212
    owners....or any other similar Neo 2x12 cabinet owners.
  4. Can't say anything about the UL series, but I used the older 2x12 version (side by side installed woofers), which was my favorite epifani cab. :)