1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epifani UL901

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by wildebassman, May 17, 2020.

1. The Epifani UL 901 get's good reviews around here.

I'm more than tempted to try one out.
    Few questions;
    Are there two models? 750 and 1000 watts? No fan?
    how is the noise floor on this amp? How much power does the amp put out at 8ohm?

Tried a trickfish yesterday and it was really quiet in terms of noise floor and not a cooling fan.

The amp's signature didn't excite me, too polite for me.

Last edited: May 17, 2020
  2. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    They are the same amp, both 750 watts at 4 ohms. One model will take a 2 ohm load at that is where the 1000 watts comes in.

Just looked at the Epifani website and it seems he one makes one model now. 1000 watts @2 ohms. $999.

Laklandfan likes this.
  3. I couldn't resist, ordered one in Germany at Thomann, price dropped to 749 euro's yesterday, that's a steal here in europe. If I don't like it I can return it. In my younger days when I was touring I had an Alembic F1X pre-amp, a qsc 1602 amp and an Epifani NY 310 cab, best sound I ever had.

elfbass and Laklandfan like this.
  4. Dr_Jay910

Dr_Jay910 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Thread is a bit old but wondering what you thought of the UL901? Considering one here since my man Oteil is an endorsing artist and speaks highly of them.

5. CadillacBass

CadillacBass

Aug 11, 2010

6. CadillacBass

CadillacBass

Aug 11, 2010
    I’m sorry for the late reply, I just saw this. I have one of Nick’s prototypes for the 901 in a 501 case. It’s a Class D UL-501. It’s an amazing amp.

7. Dr_Jay910

Dr_Jay910 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Thanks man. I have a 901 and one of the new version DIST2 112 cabs on order......taking about 4 weeks or so to ship due to supply chains for basically everything being backed up right now.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021