Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

epifani vs. aguilar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clouddead, Aug 24, 2003.

1. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    two 8 ohm aggie gs-112's or one 4 ohm epifani T-210? i cant decide. opinions? i play a five string too if that helps. need the best tone and these cabs are what its down too. OPINIONS!

2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Have you played through both and can't decide (that's the most important thing; take your bass (and amp if possible) and give them a whirl)?

What type of tone are you after?

What amp & bass are you (or will you be) using?

3. clouddead

clouddead

Jan 15, 2003
    orlando
    i want a nice slap tone, ill be playing a variety of stuff, no punk or metal. i currently play an ibanez sr-405, blah... would like to get a used roscoe for christmas or modulus. i have played the epi cab but not at a high volume thru a gk head. dont remember the model. i have a hartke 3000 head, but im getting rid of it when i have the money for a power amp and pre amp. which will be in a couple of months. i didnt play the aggie cabs, but was there at bass central and heard a man playing thru them at the time and they sounded nice. heard great reviews. what im basically doing is upgrading all my bass equipment and im pretty much planning for the future, not what cabs work best with my current head or whatever, cause everything will be diff. in about 4 months. i need the rig to be portable which is also why i chose these cabs. my current hartke 4x10 is a bitch to put into my bmw 2 dr. plus in college i dont want a huge rig, but want a big sound. this is a long rant.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Get an Epi T-112 and an Epi T-110UL. These two paired up are much more balanced and articulate than the T-210, with stronger lows and better high-mids. This combo handles everything from 5-string to upright. I am very happy with this setup, and would definitely recommend the T-112/T-110UL over a T-210 (or T-310).

However, I have not had the chance to audition two GS112''s, and a lot of guys like them as a pair.

Tom.