Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epifani

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Brendan, May 25, 2002.

1. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Just spent the day at Bass Central. Talk o' the amps: Epifani. Played through a 2x12 and a 2x10. The 2x10 is the voice of God! I, on the spot, wanted to trade in my XLTs for a set of Epifani 4x10s. Aw man this is good stuff. :D
    I was really impressed by the clarity and the punch these things had, while still holding down a massive volume. A super versatile sound, suited best for Rock IMHO, and usable in everything else.

Side note, the Wawrick Quad IV ain't no slouch in the amp department. Sounded really good through the Epifani 2x10s.

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Pound for pound, dollar for dollar, the Epifani T212 is my current favorite cab. Tremendous cab that will fill any small to medium club and sounds superb with the EA iAmp 600. Punch and bottom coupled with clarity that allows your bass to articulate are the most important factors for me and this cab gives it to you with ease.

3. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    i really dig my epifani 210. i dig it even more because i paid 425 for it.

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    some guys have all the luck... :(

5. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    yeah, i played most of the basses that i played at BC yesterday through the epifanis (mostly the 212, but the pedulla fretlesses got some extensive playing through the warwick/epifani 210).

damn, that's some good stuff. i wish i knew a lot about amp heads so i could already pick out my eventual grand rig!

6. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    What do you need to know? Seriously man, here's the place to ask!

7. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    ok...

which one will i like the most?

:D

(hey, you asked for it!)

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Epifani Xx10 (2, 3, or 4)
    EBS TD 600 or Aguilar DB750

Just wait for it man...it'd be worth it.

Or are you looking for something a little more immediate?

9. bben

bben

Feb 28, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    I have a pair of Epifani T-112s and I love 'em. The two of them together have replaced my 410 (which weighs 95lbs) and I can carry them around easily since they each weigh 45 lbs. Kind of like having a 212 but in modular pieces.

10. Devnor

Devnor

Nov 13, 2001
    Dallas TX
    Did you have a chance to play the Epifani 1x15? I'm considering the 2x10 and 1x15 setup, powered by my mesa 400+

11. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    While not light and easy to lug, that rig should be a real buttkicker. I've run my T212 with one of my 400+ amps and it sounds, well, pretty great.

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA

once when trying out Epifani 1x12's, i plugged into their 1x15 mistaking it for a 1x12. its that compact. only after did i play thru it, did i realize it just had too much low end to be a 1x12. man, did it pack a wallop. :D

13. Brad Barker

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca
    is that EBS the same one that i played the epifani 212 through? i really liked that one...

it's the one marcus miller endorses...

methinks its the HD-350, though.

14. basss

basss

Aug 27, 2001
    NYC
    Joker,

How would you compare the sound of the 15 and the 12? Does the 15 have the punch and clarity to cut it as a stand alone cab or is it too boomy? I have been curious about this cab but cant find any opinions from people who have tried it.

15. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hard to tell,

the epi 1x15's is one of the better 15's i've tried. good umph with an airy feel, but honestly, i'm not a 15" kinda guy. not cutting enough for my slap stuff. but a 2x10&1x15 is a deadly rig. the 15" gave the low end push, whilst the 2x10 cut like a knife.

but in all honesty, i like epi's 2x12's the best. a more even response. i might be nitpickin', but i've always been bugged by how 15's feel like they lag behind the 2x10's.

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Yup, Same setup. Yup, Hd-350