Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epifani

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slaine01, Jun 2, 2003.

1. I'm thinking of getting an Epifani 2x10 cab for my rig (Eden World Tour 800) and selling my Eden 4x10cab in the process. Will the Epifani handle a 5 string at average volume? I have a jig I use to angle the cab back at about knee hight, so I won't have to have the amp screaming at me to hear it, so my on stage level will be pretty manageable
    Has anyone used the Epifani 2x10 live and if so whats your feedback?

2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i replaced a peavey 4x10 with the epi 2x10 and have been nothing but elated with the results. i play 5 and 6 almost exclusively.

3. Does the 2x10 handle the B string at volume?
    Or should I go for the 2x12's?

4. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    alot of people like the 12's. i however like the 10's. i am a bridge pickup usin mofo;)

5. I suppose i'm "old school" but I still think that 2x10's would struggle with a low B but as I haven't heard them live I am just quessing.

6. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    nope no struggle. of course i dont over hype the low end like a lot of guys do. bassiclay a little bass boost and a notch in the low mids and flat the rest of the way.

7. I would go with the 2x12 for your low B. I play 4 string basses and I feel that the balance on the 2x12 is just right for a 4 string. I sometimes wish I get more definition, but I'll be getting a tri 110 for that.

8. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    the 2x10 will handle a low B beautifully. as long as you're not hyping the bass, nor pushing it loud metal band hard, you should be fine.

the 2x12 is a better choice, but mucho mas heavier.

up to you.

9. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    take into mind that hes using a wt 800 that cant bridge to 4 ohms. the epi 212 only comes in 4 ohms.

my rigs are a wt800 with an 8 ohm epi 410 and a wt400 with a 4 ohm epi 210. ive been using the 400+epi 210 for everything lately and its been more than enough with a 5 string. however, i dont play rock, i play in a contemporary jazz funk band with drums, jazz box, keys, and sax. ive got a live mp3 of that rig on a song where i use the b string alot of youd like to hear it.

10. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hook it up, Narud!

11. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    well, if anyone actually wants to hear it, i need a place to host it. it would also work for anyone wanting to hear a fodera emperor elite 5:D

12. Larry Kaye

Larry Kaye Retailer: Schroeder Cabinets

Mar 23, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    I bought a used Epifani 212, old style...speakers parallel rather than diagonal to each other...

I really, really love it. It has substantially more booty than the 310 I had yet maintains the punch, clarity, and presence. DEFINITELY handles the low B better than the 310.

So....now, when you compare the 210 with a 212, yeah you're talkin' 15-20 more pounds, but, the 212 is a full step 1/2 above the 210. The 310 is almost a full step above the 210.

I'd go with the 212 or 2 12's depending on your shlepping limits and budget, but if you opt for a 212, try to find yourself one of the old design ones that you can either lay flat or turn upright. You may need that flexibility depending on your venue/acoustics etc.

In either case, I've been nothing but happy with Epifani's products. I purchased both cabinets used...they're top notch and affordable (see other forum on affordable).

L