Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epifany 3-10 or 2-10 experience?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by maestrox, Nov 3, 2000.

1. maestrox

maestrox

Oct 8, 2000
    Anyone running an Epifany 3-10 or 2-10 cabinet? I"m pondering trying to get a single cabinet that is portable (ie not totally heavy), has a reasonbly small footprint, and can push enough air for the occasional larger/outdoor gig. I've got a couple of 1-10 cabs now (EA and Epifany), but I'm wondering about just one larger one. I'm running a iAmp600 to drive this setup.

2. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Let me recommend the Epi. 2x12. It actually has a slightly smaller footprint (on its side, anyway) and will comfortably support an outdoor gig. This cab (I do actually own one, and a 1x12 companion) has an amazing projection that far away audiences will hear and feel. Any more question, please ask.

3. I have a T-310 and a T-212. If I was only going to own one of the two, I'd want it to be the T-310. It's smoother to my ear, and the tweeter is better integrated with the woofers. It's also significantly smaller than the T-212 and somewhat (not much) lighter.

That being said, the combination of the two is awesome and sounds much better than either one alone.

4. coyoteboy

coyoteboy easy there, Ned Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2000
    Sactomato, CA
    Yeah, yeah, rub it in...(rasn frasn 3 10's and 2 12's, dagnabbit Sadowsky, grumble grumble...)

5. Sammy

Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    SoCal
    Michael,

Two quick questions:

How would you compare the B string response between the cabinets?

If you were starting over and going to own two cabinets, would you still have one of each?

Thanks,
    Sam

6. B string response on the 212 is somewhat better

Hah! If I was starting over the way I feel about music and musicians today, I wouldn't buy anything. I'm about ready to quit music completely and sell everything off, I'm so disgusted with the SF area music scene and with musicians in general.

That being said, if I wasn't so disgusted, I'd probably buy two of the T-310s.

7. Sammy

Sammy

Aug 31, 2000
    SoCal
    Thanks for the info.

As far as the music environment, I play for myself (and my kids).

Oh yeah, I hope those that are playing along (or listening) are having fun too!

Sam

8. theJello

theJello

Apr 12, 2000
    Mike, Seriously? Its that bad? What is the problem out there? Attitude or what?

Anyways, if you do quit may I have dibs on the 2x12? :D

9. The vultures are circling already, and I'm not even dead yet. ;-)