1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epiphone 1950 B4 upright

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by pathdoc2, Aug 5, 2004.

1. pathdoc2

pathdoc2

Oct 16, 2002
    Allen, TX
    I have an early 50's Epiphone B4 ply bass I will consider selling or trading. This bass was recently found in an antique shop in Plano Texas. The top was badly damaged and partially collapsed. I had local luthier, David Graham perform a complete overhaul including a new Engelhardt top. The new top has been fitted and carefully stained to match the original finish. If no one had told you really couldn't tell. The overall condition is quite good for an instrument of this age. Bass will be available in a couple of weeks. David is known for top quality work. I would consider selling for what I have invested (approx $1800) or trading for a nice quality 5 string electric (Ken Smith or similiar quality) of similiar value or lesser value plus cash. Bass comes with a nice gigbag from Bob Gollihur. Bass has original maple Epiphone tailpiece with metal T shaped Epiphone label. Playing this bass is like a time warp back to the 50's. A new adjustable bridge has been fitted. Let me know if you have any interest in this very cool retro bass. I can be reached at Hebert11@swbell.net
    Thanks