1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat, MINT!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dickie, Jun 19, 2007.

1. Dickie

Dickie It's such a fine line between stupid and clever. Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    Here is a gorgeous Epiphone Allen Woody Rumblekat. You know the bass, chambered mahogany body, special designed pickups, 30” short scale, set neck, gold hardware. This bass is in mint condition, all original, never gigged, just played at home once and a while, next best thing to a new one. It sounds great, balances very well and is a joy to play-feels very light strapped on. Has a fresh set of DR Hi Beams gauged 45-100 as well as a professional set-up and intonation. Comes with matching gold Dunlop straplocks(original strap buttons also included) as well as original fitted hardshell case which is also in mint condition inside and out and includes the two keys. I did the best I could to take detailed pictures. I assure you that any spots are just reflections from the camera and/or the flash. I am only selling to fund another purchase. You will not be disappointed with this one!
    $430 shipped to lower 48 states, I accept paypal.
    100_1019.gif
    100_1003.gif
    100_1004.gif
    100_1007.gif

2. jamontap

jamontap Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    I've often wondered what the tone was like on one of these? I've always been a big fan of Allens.

3. Dickie

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    Maybe someone could comment on what it sounds like live. At home it sounds very warm and punchy. Not trebly. Lots of booming low end. It is a real fun bass

4. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    i may take this off your hands if my bass sells.

5. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Inactive

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    PM sent

6. Dickie

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    bump! still available but probably not for long.

7. Imagine naming a bass after a guy who makes comedy movies......who woulda thought....

8. bassinstincts

bassinstincts Supporting Member

Jul 7, 2004
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Acoustic Image
    Weight? Thanks.

9. Dickie

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    I can see what the old bathroom scale says but I don't know how accurate the scale will be with something this light. It's a hollow body so it's probably the lightest bass I have ever owned. Way, way, way under 10 lbs. I will check and get back to you but I can definately tell you that weight will not be an issue with this one..it is very light and balences very well due to the shorter neck.

10. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    please tell me you're joking.....

11. Of course I'm joking!

Tony

12. Dickie

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    digital bathroom scale says 7bs...like I said, this puppy is light and comfy.

13. Hey man... didn't you want to trade this sometime around thanksgiving or x-mas last year...? I forgot for the life of me you wanted for trade but I think I might had what you where interested in, holler back and let me know something if you are interested in a trade... I don't remember what you wanted to trade it for as I said before but let me know.

Peace,

14. Dickie

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    not really interested in a trade unless you happen to have a 30" short scale Warwick Corvette or Thumb, or a Ampeg Dan Armstrong reissue wood body........yeah, didn't think so.

15. jamontap

May 26, 2007
    Cartersville, GA
    ahhhhh *sigh of relief*. and a good joke it was. :p

16. Dickie

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    bump for a mint Allen Woody

17. I have one of these basses and can recommend them if you want a very deep fat bottom end without being wooly and it still has a tight penetrating upper mid tone. Little or no click in the tops. This is the only bass I've ever bought that I haven't changed the pups.

Live I switch between the Rumblekat and a hot rodded 72 Jazz which is punchey as all hell. Its a nice (and total) change in sounds.

If you want anything like a Fender sound then the Rumblekat is not for you.

If you want the biggest bottom end you've ever heard and a bass that is pretty unique in its sound then buy it. Great build quality, excellent 30" neck, quality bridge and pegs.

Interestingly Epiphone and all of the pics and comments I've heard about the Rumblekat say that the body is Mahogany and the top is maple.

The pics on the net I've seen suggest similar but mine looks like spruce. It certainly aint a mahaogany top but I guess the right cut of maple could look like spruce under the translucent paint job..... couldn't it?

18. Dickie

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    BUMP! the price I am asking is more than $150 off of what it would cost to get a new one with a case...plus I am including Dunlop strap locks. Someone give her a good home, don't make me have to go to the 'bay

19. Dickie

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    BUMP! $440 shipped

20. Dickie

Aug 24, 2006
    Central VA.
    $430 SHIPPED

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 27, 2021