1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone and B.C.Rich Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Thunderbird90, Dec 21, 2011.

1. A thread for all bassist who enjoy and play these axes, they are amazing. So come and tell us your stories about your Epi or B.C.Rich \m/

2. krstko

krstko

Aug 29, 2011
    Cerknica, Slovenia
    I was buying my first bass (well.. it was my second but I got my first bass for free) and while checking different basses I saw Epiphone Korina flying V ...HOLLY S***, best looking bass ever!!! I didn't even try it, I just bought it. Its sound sucks, too much low end, neck is really bad, useless for slaping....
    But I didn't care then. Now I know how bad it is but the look is still killing me. Too bad I need a better bass because I will have to sell my V. I know it is not the best but after all it is the bass of my dreams :)
    btw if anyone needs it, 2y old limited edition, 360eur w gigbag, stralocks,...

3. That sucks pretty hard, but have you looked into pimping it up, some new pick ups etc... You will be surprised how good you can make your V sound :)

4. krstko

krstko

Aug 29, 2011
    Cerknica, Slovenia
    Nah, I don't feel like destroying it :) I will sell it and get some MM or Fender. But one day I will own original Gibson V bass!!

5. Fair enough, sounds like a plan, and in preference between MM and Fender, get MM they are so much better than Fender

6. NKBassman

NKBassman Lvl 10 Nerd Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2009
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    The first bass I ever played was a BC Rick Warlock, and to this day it is still the bass I've hated the most.

How do you spell neck dive? W. A. R. L. O. C. K.

7. I was about to buy a neck-though Warlock for 280 euro, they were on special on Thomann. But then I found an ESP LTD AX-404 for 500 euro (the 414 was going for around 1k online) and bought it. I still had to buy a warlock case, but I've no regrets...Well, it would have been nice if I got BOTH, but I didn't (and still don't) have enough money :p