Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epiphone Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by the-lizard-king, Apr 27, 2001.

1. Hi there,
    Im interested in getting an Epiphone EBO bass, I was wondering if anybody had one or knew anything about them?
    Jim

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Hello Jim, I own the Epi EB1 and I understand the sonic qualities are similar. Great little, medium scale bass, lots of bottom and reasonably well-made. Epi basses are a great value, IMO. I have the Viola, the EB1 and the Casady Signature basses and like 'em all. My guess is that the EB0 is like its brethren, a solid instrument.

3. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Epi makes some real nice bass's.Ive got the Casady myself.Like many MIK's quality can vary a good bit from one to the next but if you look around im sure youll find a nice one.Good luck!

4. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    I'll echo the quality thing, especially on the EB-0 and EB-3 line. I tried an EB-3 that was absolutely horrible. Actually, I think the SG bodies in general seem to have a wide quality range. I really like what they did with the EB-1, though. Nice reissue.

5. I agree that Epis in general are of good to excellent
    quality. I also own a Casady, and as I've said many times, this is probably THE most underrated bass on the market today, it's fabulous!

As for the EB-O, I haven't played one of them, but,
    about two weeks ago I played an EB-3 at my local Sam Ash store. This is a very nice, 60s sounding bass. Very deep, but, that mini humbucker by the bridge balances its sound nicely. If you solo this pup you can get some pretty convincing Jazz Bass tones out of it, and, it's a 34" scale bass, if that matters to you. I was very tempted to buy it, and still might, although I must continue on my prayer for "The right fiver." If you like an EB-O, why not try one of these? It's everything an EB-O is plus the pup by the bridge, plus long scale. And I believe it's about $440.00.

Mike J.