Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epiphone Black Beauty guitar lost in Swansea

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by Techmonkey, Jul 5, 2005.

1. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Well, this is more of a lesson than anything else, 'coz I doubt it's coming back. It was a friend's first guitar, his dad left it when he left home years ago, and it was all my friend had to remember him by. My friend is now 17 and an amazing guitarist - Not just a shredder, but he can make up harmonic riffs just like that, and he's studying music at uni in a few months. He's not a bad bassist either.
    Anyways, to the point. He was playing a gig at The Inferno in Swansea (South Wales, UK) a few months ago and he got so drunk he went in to a kebab shop, and left his guitar against the wall whilst he waited for his kebab. He came out, walked a few paces down the street then realised that he didn't have his guitar, went back to get it, and it was gone! No trace of it seen for the last few months. (It all worked out in the end though, he 'd been saving up for a Gibson Flying V, so he worked doubletime to get the rest of the money.)

Think before you drink!

2. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    Now THAT would spoil your kebab!

3. Techmonkey

Techmonkey

Sep 4, 2004
    Wales, UK
    Tell me about it! He was mourning for days, and he's never eaten a kebab since.