1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Epiphone EA-260 hollowbody owners and copy's of, I have a question.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ampegfuzz, Jan 25, 2012.

1. ampegfuzz

ampegfuzz Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    I went to my local music store today and found a Univox hollow body that looks a lot like a EPI EA-260. I was wondering if these are the same instrument internally. I'm mostly curious about the pick ups and whether or not they are the same. Here are the pics.

IMG_0234.

IMG_0231.

IMG_0233.

I am pretty sure they were made in the same factory, Matsumoku i think. Any info :D

2. change-jug

change-jug

Oct 11, 2008
    Buffalo,NY
    it was my understanding that Epi`s,Univox and Lyle`s were all made at that same factory.

3. Avalon

Avalon

Feb 28, 2009
    Yea, they're all the same and that is a sweet find my friend. I love to get my hands on one some day, but I fear that they are going ever up in price.

4. ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    I've been GAS'n for a EA-260 for some time since I played one when I started working at the store I found this Univox at. Its a good price too. Wasn't sure about the pup's is the big thing. And its still in repair so cant play it :(

5. ampegfuzz

Feb 13, 2007
    Davenport, IA
    So can anyone confirm or deny if the ones with the black covers are the same as the ones in the Univox?

Pic of a Epiphone
    epibassfr.