epiphone eb-3 bass for blues???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Jun 29, 2004.

1. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Feh, you've discussed the Epiphone EB-3 in a zillion threads that you've made before this one.. Try one out.. If you like the tone, get it! I've previously owned an EB-0, and It was fine for blues.. Hell, we had a blues thread! It said "The Blues is in your heart and fingertips, not in your instrument".. Go with that! Oi!
  2. well the guitar stores in my town dont carry the epiphone eb-3 bass so i would have get it from the internet,
  3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Musician's friend has a good return policy. Buy it. If you don't like it, return it. You don't have to make a zillion threads about the EB-3 that are all generally the same exact thing.
  4. Muhwi

Jun 8, 2004
    IMHO the EB's great for blues, but as stated before it's you who knows what you want to hear from your bass. Try it and fall in love as I did :)
  5. I haven't played an Epi EB-3 in about 2 years, but I remember I liked it. I think it would sound great for The Blues with that big humbucker at the neck, and the mini-humbucker by the bridge. The 3-way varitone switch combined with individual volume and tone controls give you a few good tones to choose from.

Get one! :bassist:

Mike ;)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

They got a pretty muddy tone to them, so it is all in what you are looking to bring to the blues.