1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone EB-3 problem...can i geta little help please

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Vin Dirnt, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Vin Dirnt

Vin Dirnt

Jun 6, 2009
    So the pickup selector on my bass is being a pain in the ass. It wont stay in place, so i was wondering if I could just like super glue it into place?...and one of the tuning heads broke...i sent an email to epiphone asking for the part number to order but i have yet to hear from them... i replace it temporarily with one from my squire but id rather hae the real part...

2. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    Is the switch itself broken or is it just the knob that is broken? If the switch does work the knob is a 4-6 dollar chicken head knob and easily replaced.

3. Vin Dirnt

Vin Dirnt

Jun 6, 2009
    the switch is loose, it wont stay in place inside the guitar, and the shaftof the key is broken on the tuning head

4. shot you a PM about the tuners. Not sure I can help with the switch issue. FWIW I dig those basses, just wish they were a little better built.

5. Vin Dirnt

Vin Dirnt

Jun 6, 2009
    im nt complaining, i mean the tone is perfect for me and its a sharp bass so im happy with it...i need a bigger amp tho

6. Sorry, I don't think I can offer a cheap fix to that issue :)

7. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Have you tried removing the chicken head knob and tightening the hex nut on the switch shaft ?

8. Vin Dirnt

Vin Dirnt

Jun 6, 2009
    yes thanks tht fixes the pickp selector now i just ned a new tuner

9. LCW

LCW Banned

Mar 2, 2009
    OREGON!
  10. Call the 800 number above. I've always had excellent results whenever I've hade issues with an instruments performane. If yours is under warrenty they may fix it for free.

11. Vin Dirnt

Vin Dirnt

Jun 6, 2009
    ive tried....its not cause i bought it from ebay.... but i emaild them so i got the part number...but i hope it dosent cost an arm and a leg

12. Vin Dirnt

Vin Dirnt

Jun 6, 2009
    it does look like that, but i dont know if it is the same size...

13. My approach to this is get the right part and then you know will fit and it's correct. Otherwise it will bother you for as long as you own the instrument, and devalue it if you re-sell it.

14. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 God of Thunder and Rock and Roll Supporting Member

Feb 19, 2006
    Rochester NY USA
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    Btw I really like the Epi EB3, I have 60's and 70's Eb3s and I think Epis version is really cool a best of both worlds bass. Yeah the pots and electronics are a little cheap but as a platform I really like this bass. Here is my stock white Epi EB3, I put a 60's mudbucker in it, fn'g awesome. charspringconcert001.

15. I love the look of the EB-3 but it wasn't comfortable for me to play. The body throws the 34" neck so far left that it was too much of a reach. This is strange, since I play other 34" scale bases with no problem. But the EB-3 was a neck diver to boot, and I just couldn't get comfortable playing it.

I sold my Eb-3 and will eventually pick up an EB-0 and add a bridge pickup. That will be inexpensive and give me an instrument which balances much better.

More power to those who are comfortable playing the EB-3!

16. Vin Dirnt

Vin Dirnt

Jun 6, 2009
    yea that was a challange but i love it and can play it even more comfortably than a fender, what i learned on