1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EPIPHONE EB3 BASS WIRING

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Precision101, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    Hey guys. Been a while since I've been on here! I was wondering if any body had a wiring diagram for the EB3 bass? Either factory or custom it does not matter, I just need one that will work! the pick up wires are detached so I can start fresh with new pots/caps ect. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    Thank you! Now I have everything wired up but it seems the bridge isn't grounded. I don't know if the ground wire is supposed to be connected to it or not because the wire doesn't come through where the bridge meets the body. Is it internally grounded? I can not tell also getting major humming when I take my hand off the bass.

3. In the diagram it shows "groundwire to bridge"....so therefor the bridge should be grounded as per the diagram, IMO.

4. The bridge definitely needs to be grounded.

5. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    Yes that's what I thought, the ground wire according to the diagram is soldered to the tone pot, but I can't find the other end of the ground wire. It seems to be stuck inside the body. Any way I can solve this? I was pulling on it and it's really in there. It is an old bass and I don't want to ruin it since it's my friends but I've never had a situation where the ground wire was stuck.

6. The picture you posted shows a ground wire in the control cavity, but you say that it is stuck in the body. Do you mean that it is not exiting the wire channel under the bridge, as it is supposed to? Perhaps it is wrapped around a screw.

7. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Trapped under the bridge (as it should be) but not making good electrical contact?

8. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    I took the bridge off and no wire appeared, even though it comes out through the control cavity. It is connected to something but it is not connected to the bridge.

9. Jon Clegg

Jon Clegg Supporting Member

Feb 9, 2015
    Northern Virginia
    It's likely connected to one of the stud inserts.

10. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    Hey guys I'm wiring up the rotary switch and very confused from the diagram because every 3 way switch I found tells me a whole different diagram than posted above. Any help?

11. ?

12. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    R

13. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    Otary switch

Attached Files:

14. It appears to be standard.

If it is being wired as a 3 way pickup selector, then wire one signal to positions 1 and 2 of the first pole, and the other signal to positions 2 and 3 of the second pole. Then, join the commons for poles 1 and 2 as the output. All other terminals should be left open.