1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Epiphone El Capitan 5 string

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by emjazz, Oct 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I bought this a few months back with no intention of selling it, but I've got bills to pay. I have it strung E - C right now with TI strings. I had a ramp made for it by Jon Maghini. This bass sounds great...the action is nice an low as well. I hate to let this one go. These are such a bargain and such great instruments. With the upgrades I'd like to get $375 shipped. I'd prefer to not ship it so if you're local I can give you a better deal. Here are a couple of bad quality pictures until I can get a digital camera to use....the pics are backwards..this is a right handed bass. The bass is in mint condition and comes with a hard case. No trades and only for sale in the US. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    I forgot to say that I also have the original phospher bronze strings with the low B string...and I think there's an extra pack of those in the case.

3. jmiller

jmiller

Dec 31, 2006
    Manager at Bass Club Chicago
    Tempting.......

4. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Hey Andy, I may be interested...I'll know if I can buy on Monday.

5. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sounds good Mark...just let me know...I hope all is well with you.

6. GhettoBrassGuy

GhettoBrassGuy

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull, Lakland, Aguilar, JH Audio
    Are there electronics in these?

7. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    There's a preamp in the bass with eq sliders, a 1/4" output and an xlr output.

8. stretch80

stretch80 Supporting Member

Jan 31, 2005
    Hey Andy,

Cool you got one of these -- I remember you picking up my fretless version at Stu's show and sounding great on it. I still play mine a lot. They ARE great basses -- a great deal for $350.

Bert

9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Bert!!! Man, how the hell are you?? Are you still in contact with Stu? I think about him all of the time. Yeah, I really would love to keep this at home...it's such a great sound. I just need to pay bills right now as I've gone back to school and low on money. How are things?

10. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    bump...

11. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    Sold.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.