Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epiphone El Segundo or Dean Performer?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dirk, Nov 27, 2000.

1. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    This is just an opinion poll for people who have played either of these basses. Which one is better? I'm wanting to get an acoustic bass, and these are the two that I'm looking at. I don't have a lot of cash, and it will most likely be used for a living room jam type instrument and any possible sets I could play without easy access to electrical outlets. I haven't found any to play around here, but I will probably get it from Musician's Friend to save on cash. Anyway, your input is welcome and appreciated.

Dirk

2. Stangg

Stangg Guest

I'd probably go with the epiphone, it's got better electronics, a smoother neck, and epiphone's just plain more reliable.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Bear in mind that neither of these basses(and almost ALL acoustic bass guitars for that matter!) are loud enough to play along with acoustic guitars, about all they are good for unplugged is practicing by yourself in a quiet room.

4. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Thanks for your input guys. If I play any acoustic gigs I will probably be run through a PA and if I can hear myself to practice, then just in a living room jam I could probably be heard by other guitars.