1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone Elitest EB3 dead tone pot

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassvi, Jun 6, 2012.

1. bassvi

bassvi

Jul 12, 2005
    Iowa
    The tone pot on the neck mudbucker for me EB3 doesn't appear to work at all..... no change whatsoever full on or full off. The volume pot works fine, and the bridge PU controls both work fine.

I opened it up and all the connections look good. all the pots are labelled 500k and the tone pots both have what I think is a resistor or capacitor soldered to the middle lead and the top of the pot....

Any idea why there is no function from the tone control or how i can get it working short of taking it into the shop? I know mudbuckers are dark, but I'm thinking it would help the tone of this bass alot if I can get some tone control to work on that neck PU......

2. I have the same issue. Mine seems to work but it does not affect the tone that much.