Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epiphone Embassy Standard-V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jiro, Jan 4, 2005.

1. Jiro

Jiro

Mar 15, 2004
    http://www.epiphone.com/default.asp?ProductID=233&CollectionID=12

There is one coming into one of the music stores here where i live and the owner has been talking about it alot since he sold one during the christmas holidays and he is raving about it. I haven't played it nor have i actually seen it up close but I am wondering if any of you TB'ers out there know more about this bass. This guy is letting me borrow his GK 410's and i made it sound like i really want it but i really dont know since I want to really get a fender jazz and slap on a precision bass neck on it... hmm... It has 5 strings... also he sayed that since there is a C on the first fret of the B it makes bass so much better?! hmm... I googled this bass and found no real review of such i was hoping someone here would help me with that. Thanks.

2. phxlbrmpf

phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Germany
    It's a pretty new model. It got a good review in a German guitar/bass mag that I sometimes read (if that means anything these days.)

Judging from the price, the Embassy is pretty much a beginner bass with passive electronics. Try it, you might like it, but I don't think you'll be blown away. Personally, I'm pretty based against Epiphones. My first bass was an Epiphone P/J copy which was really poorly-made.

I mainly bought it because I thought it looked cool and because I liked the retro-ish look of Epiphone instruments at the time. (Slaps head.)

3. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    Couldn't they name it something better? Looks like a solid instrument though.

4. watspan

watspan Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi
    My Allen Woody signature is a very nice instrument--very well made and a good value IMO. Although I don't like the looks, I saw a kid play the x-treme goth bass at a store and it really sounded nice! I wouldn't dismiss epiphone out of hand.