Epiphone Flying V bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Epiphone_Freak, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Epiphone Flying V basses are my dream basses. I have 2 on the way right now. What do you think about the flying v bass?
  2. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    nice looking
    I like playing sitting down so it might not be best for me, but good for you.:)
  3. well I'm in a punk band lol. But I was told by some people that he had no trouble playing sitting down.

4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I find that impossible.
  5. Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Well Nikki Sixx of Motley crue has a flying Bass which sees live action on the punk rock classic "White punks on dope" proving that the design is perfect for punk.
  6. jammadave

jammadave Rudderless ship Supporting Member

Oct 15, 2003
    Wash DC metro area
    dude, i'd buy one if they were available in the natural korina finish. Damn near most beautiful guitar I ever had was an Epi Korina V, but the basses only come in black apparently, and for some reason have the '67 pickguard shape instead of the '58.

and for playing any V while seated, no sweat, just stick your right leg between the wings instead of under the whole thing. A good angle for comfy playing shall result from this as well =0) YMMV.
  7. orange_nate

orange_nate Guest

Apr 15, 2004
    :) my epi v plays like a dream after i put new strings on it and set up the bass....like many others ...i believe that factory setup means "the strings are on the instrement"....great punk rock sound...
  8. iamthebassman

Feb 24, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Phantom Guitars, Eastwood Guitars
    I love gigging with mine. Very light and balanced.