1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone gets it right

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BIGEJ2, Oct 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Check out what's on the back of the new Epiphone Ed Bjorn Gelotte Les Paul. I know, I know. Not a bass. Maybe we can petition them to add one onto the new Classic T-Birds that are due out. Who's with me?

N_100117A8.jpg

DirtDog likes this.
  2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Bottle opener? No thanks.

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Seems like it would be better at snagging a piece of your shirt than opening a bottle.

Moogi Beans and Stumbo like this.
  4. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Masks, people, masks!
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    Liquids and electronics don't mix. :rollno:

5. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area
    Most bottles are twist off.

6. BIGEJ2

BIGEJ2 Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2009
    Happy Valley, PA
    Bunch of party poopers in here.

Moogi Beans, themarshall and GKon like this.
  7. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Mount one to the side of your cab if you want easy access.

BboogieXVII likes this.
  8. Bodeanly

Bodeanly

Mar 20, 2015
    Chicago
    At least it’s on the back, so no one will know the owner is a d-bag unless they reveal it. Hint: most people will know before they see the bottle opener.

9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Seems like a good way to mar the finish of an instrument. Also, that has no business on a guitar.

I agree, if you want a bottle opener get one of the Coke style and mount it on your speaker cab.

10. Eilif

Eilif Holding it down in K-Town. Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    Kind of reminds me of the ashtrays and beer holders I've seen build into some Pedal Steel guitars.

9708_Bigsby_with_Ashtray_1.jpg

However, if you're going to have a bottle opener on your bass it should be worn proudly. I'm thinking on the front of the bass clearly mounted to the lower horn. Plus then it's easier to reach and won't snag your shirt.

BboogieXVII and Bob_Ross like this.
  11. I saw this guitar a few days ago, thought it was funny. I'm not a booze drinker, so it would be useless on me, unless I have a glass bottle of Coca-Cola. It would obviously be useful if you drink on stage. Screw caps are better anyway, would stop spills on any amps or pedals, or even the guitar itself. Also, my bandmates do drink, but they usually do it after they play, or in small quantities before hand, so that they can keep their mind focused on the playing at hand.

I have to agree with the majority however, I think it would end up damaging the guitar on the back. I absolutely love Epiphone, and most of my basses are from that brand, they are fantastic for my sound, so I won't diss the brand, but I can't imagine it catching on, apart from a few people who will drill one into their own guitar after seeing this. Though it looks cool, it's not my cup of tea.

blue4 and Moogi Beans like this.
  12. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    That's just wrong. In every way I can consider it, it is wrong.

13. Nashrakh

Nashrakh

Aug 16, 2008
    Hamburg, Germany
    Now a cigarette lighter, that would be something.

14. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    Now, how's that for openers? ;)

Moogi Beans likes this.
  15. That's cool and why not ? Snag your shirt ? Not likely. Mar the finish ? C'mon, it's the backside of an Epiphone. Liquids and electronics ? If you're that clumsy you've already pooched your amp and taken up piano. Owner would be a d-bag ?!? I can't even come up with one for that.
    Y'all go back to polishing up your tolex and arranging your guitars in nice semi-circles while the rest of us get on with pounding beer and damaging gear. :D

BboogieXVII and BIGEJ2 like this.
  16. My first bass guitar was an Epiphone. I like it more than the guitar I have now, haha. It has better tone, Ive grown to not care for my current bass.

Id have no use for a bottle opener though. I dont really drink alcohol, and most soda comes in a plastic twist off bottle.

ThunderFox likes this.
  17. Coke sniffing mirror pick guard optional I presume. :ninja:

18. Inky13

Inky13

Nov 13, 2016
    Buffalo NY
    Good for an opening band.