1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

epiphone irritation (thunderbird content)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by blendermassacre, Sep 30, 2009.

1. I'm obtaining this bass on saturday:

The only hitch is that it's needing a bridge saddle. So I think to myslef "epiphone black bridge saddle for 3 point bridge, no big deal" HA HA FRICKIN HA. After extensive searching I emailed epiphone (actually gibson) to ask if they knew where to find one. Their answer (in a nutshell): The interwebz, duh!. They told me to consult an authorized dealer (which here is GC or musician's friend warehouse, neither of which carry one) or all parts (tried that) or warmoth(tried that too), or wd music (they don't even have a replacement 3 point bridge in any color) or pickguards.com(seriously?).

Nickel replacement bridges are available for $28.00, but a lot epiphone thunderbird came with a black bridge and black tuners. I've found some leads on some here on tb, but still, I just don't understand.