1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Epiphone Jack Casady transformer

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Max Bogosity, Mar 8, 2013.

1. Just got a used Jack Casady bass in the mail and found the transformer and one small wood screw rattling around loose inside. I've plugged it in and everything seems to work OK so I'll have a go at putting the transformer back instead of fighting with the seller or the post office.

I haven't opened it up yet to see how the transformer is supposed to be mounted. Peeking through the f-holes, it appears there is a strip of wood about 3" wide and 1/4" thick glued to the inside of the back, or perhaps it's actually part of the back.

I assume the transformer was screwed to that strip of wood and if I remove the pickup I'll be able to fish the transformer back into position and install new screws through the pickup hole.

Anybody have a photo or description of the transformer in its correct position?

Thanks.

2. Good day.
    On both my JCB's, the transformers are located under the
    pickup, screwed into that strip of wood with only one screw.
    I don't know how to do pictures, and it would be hard to photograph without removing the pickup. Sorry.
    The transformer has tabs with screw holes on either side,
    on mine, it is screwed near the lower edge.( Look for the old hole.) angled down at a 45 degrees, off towards the lower rear of the bass. It kind of hangs off that strip of wood it is screwed into.
    I hope this is helpful, I love my JCB's and have done lots of gigs with them. They are great! Hope your experience is positive.
    FITZ.