Epiphone Jack Casady with Ampeg B100R

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dminoz, Apr 6, 2003.

1. I've recently got an Epiphone Jack Casady bass. (I'm returning to playing after a ten year break.) I've had a lot of basses over the years - Rickenbacker, Musicman, various Fenders, Washburn, Aria, Hofner, Hohner, Maton -- and this Epiphone is the best yet. It sounds fanstastic, great tone, and it's totally solid. Great neck too. The only other bass I've owned that came close was a Fender Jazz that I wish to hell I'd never sold. God, that was a nice bass. But anyway. I won't make that mistake again.

Plus I've got a B100R combo, bought from a shop on the other side of Australia without even trying it out first. I'd just read enough reviews about them to be pretty sure about what I was getting, and I'm not disappointed at all. It's obviously a fine amp, and extremely versatile.

So, I know from reading posts here that there are at least a couple of other people on this forum have the same bass and amp combination. Can I get some advice on how to get the best out of the Jackster with the B100R? What settings do you guys use? What sort of experiences and problems, if any, have you had?

One thing I've noticed -- I'm finding that there's barely any difference between the 50 and 250 settings on the tone selector switch on the bass. Turn it to the 500 setting and you can hear the mids kick in bigtime, but the 50 and 250 positions seem to have not much between them. Is that normal? What, in technical terms, does that switch do? The JC didn't come with any sort of manual.