1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Epiphone Jack Cassidy Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mainsale, Jul 30, 2000.

1. mainsale

mainsale

Apr 20, 2000
    I'm thinking about buying one of these. Does anyone have any experience/advice?
    Thanks in advance!

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Scroll down to the bottom of this page and click on page 2. There's a thread there called Hollowbody Bass Guitars and there is a lot of comment on the Epi Cassady.

3. Bass66

Bass66

May 18, 2000
    I also put a review of one in the Gear Review link

4. I don’t own one but Jack Casady’s tone is unique to that style of bass so it’s in my radar for future basses

5. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Probably 100+ searchable Casady threads here. ;-)

6. sigterm

sigterm ;) ;) ;), love y'all Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2003
    Atlanta G of A
    Probably didn't get search results cause it was the wrong "casady"

7. MrBassman17

MrBassman17

Dec 30, 2011
    Brewster, NY
    I have been playing one for about 6 ears now, and in my estimation, there is nothing that this instrument cannot do! I'm on my second (a 20th anniversary) only because I couldn't justify having two, although I would have like to keep the first one! It was a silver burst ltd. ed. circa '99 built in Korea; the 20th anniversary is a year old now, built in China. I can't find any difference between the two; I do have the same strings and am running through the same amp/speaker combos that I had before. Advice is to deep-6 the bridge ASAP, and use Dean Markley Blue Steel strings, and replace the tuners with Hipshot Ultralites. Other than that, don't change anything else!

bholder and mdogs like this.