Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epiphone Les Paul 5 string

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bob Gollihur, Apr 24, 2001.

1. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Anybody have any experience or own one of these?? I am not really interested in the LP, but need a five string neck for a project, and the Epi is nice and narrow according to specs I've read. And they seem to be going dirt cheap, so that it might be worthwhile just grabbing one up for the neck and machines rather than buying and finishing a neck.

The two other Epis I've bought in the last three years have turned out to be good basses. How about this one??

2. Bob, you probably know that www.samash.com
    is selling these devils for $219.00, which is pretty insane. I was going to pick one up because of that looney price, but when I went to the Queens, N.Y.
    store they didn't have any on hand. Maybe they just want to unload them over the web, but, for that price, how can you go wrong?

Buy one Lad, get the economy moving!

Mike J.

3. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    thanks! even better than the lowball price I was offered.

4. Bob Gollihur

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    apparently a web special only -- their site is screwed up, but I called their 800# and got one of the three sunburst left.

Somebody STOP ME! (Jim Carrey inflection applies)

I guess the next question will be on how to remove a set neck ;-)

I am withholding the nature of the project at this moment because I'll only be made sport of.