Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Epiphone Les Paul Bass....

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by slipknot229, Apr 21, 2001.

1. OK, has anyone had any experience w/ the Epiphone les paul bass (the $280ish one)...? I like the body shape but the color (heritage cherry sunburst) is just NASTY!!! if i got one i'd have it refinished in the matte black kinda like the gibson gothic series.....any opinions, experience? thanks.

2. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    Never tried that one but im pretty sure you can get them in other colors including black.Check the Epi/Gibson site for finnish options.Good luck!

3. RETSAMPALS

RETSAMPALS

Sep 10, 2000
    hey man
    yeah i really dig the les paul gothic look too!!
    but i dont' think they have it in that color. the only colors are heritage cherry and violin sunburst which is a little better
    i've talked to someone about the SG epi bass which uses the same electronics and he seems to like it a lot...check on harmonycentral.com for his review on it
    yeah i dun get it! no one make les paul shaped basses except for gibson and epiphone and even they pursue them half-hartedly...Gibson no longer pays much attention to basses...tragic...such a cool body shap!

4. Yeah, I own an Epiphone Les Paul Bass. I think the neck is pretty good. The vintage sunburst finish looks fairly good, but a gothic version could be really cool. Overall, I like the neck but the EMG Select pickups on mine do have a little hum. Overall, a good bass for any beginner looking for a good buy.
    -Nate