1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop w/ Tom Anderson pickups

Discussion in 'For Sale: Other Stuff (Not bass related)' started by shamrock&roll, Jun 12, 2007.

1. shamrock&roll

shamrock&roll

Feb 14, 2007
    California
    This was a special order guitar that a friend purchased. I picked it up from him, but I need to pass it on to get an engagement ring. This is a Les Paul Classic custom ordered in a Metallic Gold finish. The pickups were replaced with a Tom Anderson H1- pickup in the neck position and a H2+ pickup in the bridge position. These pickups are $100 a piece. They sound phenomenal and really open up the guitar to new possibilities. They blow away the stock pickups. The H1- has great clarity and warmth, but it really kicks. The H2+ is a hot output pickup that just wails. Very nice vintage tone. It has a rosewood neck with trapezoid inlays. This guitar has been babied the entire time. There isn't a scratch or ding on it. There is glare and shadow in the pictures, but this guitar is clean! It has been professionally set up with low action. It comes with a SKB hardshell case and Schaller straplock buttons.

$550 including shipping. I'd like to keep it in CONUS. Money order or cashier's check only.

lespaul1.jpg

lespaul2.jpg

lespaul3.jpg

2. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    droool... damn that's sweet.

3. shamrock&roll

shamrock&roll

Feb 14, 2007
    California
    If I knew you liked guitars, I could have offered this as trade bait for the Reverend I got from you. :p

Thanks for the compliment, Mal. It is a sweet guitar. :)

4. shamrock&roll

shamrock&roll

Feb 14, 2007
    California
    A long overdue BUMP!

I need to get rid of this baby to make way for a new guitar and amp.

5. And not a ring? Surely it worked out judging from your pic...:)

6. shamrock&roll

shamrock&roll

Feb 14, 2007
    California
    The ring is still in the works. We talked about it and we're happy with our relationship and we want to save up enough for a down payment before rushing into marriage with nothing. :) I've been working my butt off and have been putting money in savings. She said I could invest in a new guitar and amp as long as I get rid of some equipment. I will break even. So I'm widdling myself down to one bass, one bass head, one cab and one guitar (most likely a Tom Anderson or Suhr) and a guitar amp (Orange or Divided by 13). I'll also get paid to play guitar, but not bass so it will help out the ring fund as well. :)

7. shamrock&roll

shamrock&roll

Feb 14, 2007
    California
    BUMP for $50 price drop.

8. Well congrats on the good head on both of your shoulders in that case. Good plan! Getting paid to play is a nice plus when it comes to gear purchases. So easy to justify then... Maybe that's not such a good thing!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 20, 2021