1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone Limited Edition Explorer Korina Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ps2000man, Oct 15, 2009.

1. ps2000man

ps2000man

Oct 15, 2009
    I just purchased my first bass. It is a Epiphone Limited Edition Explorer Korina Bass in Alpine white. What do you guys think of this bass? Also is there a special case I can order for this bass. I only see cases for the 6 string explorer not for a explorer bass. Anyone know if Epi makes one for this?:bassist:

2. Hi.

Congrats for the NBD. (Or day after the NBD rather ;)).

Welcome to TalkBass.

Really good bass and even great considering the price. I have the natural one.

I doubt that Epiphone will ever make a case for it unfortunately. Some have said that a specific Dean case will be a perfect fit, can't comment on that as I've never had a Dean case ;) (search the Explorer club thread for info).

I'll make my own case for mine in a few weeks, and I will also post a thread abut it so if You're a DIY sort of a person, stay tuned.

Regards
    Sam

3. When I bought mine, GC told me they'd order a case for mine...if I paid $89.00....which, I didn't have.

4. HoosierDaddy

HoosierDaddy

Jul 13, 2009
    I need a case for my 10 YO Explorer. I was hoping they would be available with the re-issue, but they werent listed on GC site or at the Saginaw store online. Why re-issue such a unique shape, claiming collectibility ,and not offer a case? More genius from the suits at Gibson-Epiphone. :rollno: