Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

epiphone questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by barroso, Mar 16, 2001.

1. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    is the rivoli bass discontinued?
    is the viola bass a semihollowbody bass?
    what's a resonable price for a jack casady bass?

2. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Actually, I believe it's a hollowbody. And, it's one of the reissues that Gibson/Epiphone did a nice job of. I really liked the sound of the ones I've tried.

3. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    The Viola is a hollow body.The single pup rivoli has been dropped but they still make the 2 pup version.The Casady sells for around 600.They are superb!Ive had one for awhile now and love it.They are now only available in the gold finnish.Both the burst and ebony are no longer available.Good luck!

4. Hey guys, I just got back from www.musiciansfriend.com and they have Jack Casady basses in black only for $719.00. They have the Sunburst and The Mettalic Gold listed as
    discontinued, but they are notorious for changing
    the availability of their products.

I bought one in December after going through the
    "discontinued" then "in stock" nonsense for about
    10 days. I paid $449.00 for mine.(don't hate me)
    If anyone's thinking of getting one, DO IT !
    I don't want to rant and rave here, but to put it mildly these basses are way underrated. I wrote a
    review of mine in January, but, it's off the forum now. I think you may be able to access it by going into my name, then using the search all posts by this user feature. This bass is unbelievable !

Mike J.

5. It's me again. If you go to www.guitartrader.com
    which is located in the left hand column of this
    site's home page, they have both Ebony and Mettalic Gold Casadys for $599.00.

Hurry.

Mike J.