1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone Ripper single pup

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by blendermassacre, Sep 18, 2010.

1. Does anyone know where a fella could buy one of these basses. They're super rare, and I'm G.A.S.ing hard core for one.

2. MasterBass!

MasterBass! Reaching new Highs in Lows!! In Memoriam

A fellow local bass guy just emailed me today and said that he has one to sell me...but he wants $500 firm for it. Guess he knows that its pretty rare. They are supposedly excellent basses.

3. they are excellent basses. there was one for sale in a local shop about a year ago for ~$400, but I think it was NOS. I didn't have the money to buy it, but it was amazing.

4. i didnt know epiphone did a ripper

5. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
  6. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
  7. nato101010

nato101010

Dec 12, 2009
    Ontario
    Aren't single pickup Rippers just Grabbers or G1's?

8. Johnny Alien

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    They would be "closer" to a Grabber (especially with the bolt on neck) but even the Grabber had a moveable pickup.

9. rockscott

rockscott

Aug 28, 2010
    massachusetts
    There is one @ music unlimited, hanover massachusetts.

10. I've owned one of these basses for about 4 years. At the time I was GASsing for a Grabber to replace one I had sold 25 years ago, but couldn't scrape up enough coin for one. I found an Epi on evilbay for the right money and bought it without trying one first. It is a Grabber without the movable pickup, which I found, was a good thing ( I had to jam a pick in my Gibson's sliding mechanism to keep it in place, otherwise it would move half way through a song! ). I love my Epi, it's my number one bass, and has been since the day I bought it. Good luck with your quest, I'm pretty sure you will enjoy yours too!:D

Attached Files:

11. Know how much it is?

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021