1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone Rivoli Inductor Coil replacement?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by iamsam338, Apr 20, 2010.

1. iamsam338

iamsam338

Jan 4, 2010
    Hi there,

I've diagnosed a noise problem with my 90's Epiphone Rivoli to be a defective inductor coil. When I engage the low-pass filter using the "baritone switch" an offensive amount of hum / noise is present. When I wire the bass to bypass the baritone switch entirely I eliminate the hum / noise.

If I were to replace the inductor coil are there specifications I should be looking for?

Have you ever sourced parts like the inductor coil or a replacement switch? Can you recommend a supplier?

Thanks for any information you may have!

2. SGD Lutherie

SGD Lutherie Banned Commercial User

Aug 21, 2008
    Bloomfield, NJ
    Owner, SGD Music Products
    It's a custom made humbucking inductor coil. I'd try and secure a new one from Gibson.

It's probably just defective wiring causing the hum.

Do you really use the baritone switch? I never did on my Gibson EB-2D. It takes all the low end away. I converted it to a Varitone and used the same inductor.