Epiphone Rivoli or Rivoli II

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mean Mr Mustard, Jan 31, 2006.

1. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard

Oct 8, 2005
    Does anyone know where to get this bass? Does anyone know if Epiphone still makes it? I havent seen any info on the web.
  2. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Screw those Rivoli's get a DiPinto Belvedere instead.
  3. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    Epiphone made a Rivoli reissue a few years back. Bust bet there might be to do a google for them (it helps turn things up with online dealers) or just check eBay. As for some other Epiphone hollowbodies, they're still offering their violin bass and the Jack Casady signature. The Jack Casady is actually pretty cool, and I think it's got a much better tonal range than the Rivoli.

As for some other hollowbodies, it might be worth your while to check out the Lakland Hollowbody. I've heard good things about them.
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    They're out of production for years, recently reissued and production ceased again. Best bet is to purchase one second-handed or find a reasonable replacement such as the Jack Casady model.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

+1 Second Hand is the way to go.
  6. I'm going to have to disagree with you there. I have a Rivoli II (that I got used off the bay, nary a scratch on it) and it just kills. The Belvedere is nice, but just not the same. And a tad too flashy to boot, imo.
  7. You should look for the Epiphone Allan Woody model. It has a similar vibe to the Rivoli but I think it plays and sounds better. And it's pretty. :)
  8. Mean Mr Mustard

Mean Mr Mustard

Oct 8, 2005
    Thanks for all the info guys. What are some good means of buying used gear besides ebay? Is there any instrument specific auction websites?