1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epiphone T-Bird Goth Vs. Epiphone LP Special Pitch Black

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Yoh, Sep 2, 2008.

1. Yoh

Yoh

Mar 7, 2004
    Hey folks!

Here is my dilemma, I need a new bass for 2 bands because we play with a low tuning (DGCF and CGCF).

On my left :

Epiphone THUNDERBIRD Goth !

mahogany body, bolt-on hard maple neck, 2x TB Plus pickups. Colour: Black.

On my right :

Epiphone Les Paul Special Bass Pitch Black

mahogany body, set-in mahogany neck, rosewood fingerboard, 2x 442r alnico humbucker pickups. Colour: Plain Black.

The price doesn't count because it's the same for each bass.

So hard to choose.

What do you suggest??

Thanks!

Bibi

2. amimbari

amimbari

May 6, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    have you tried playing both of them somewhere? and if so, did you de-tune them both to see which one holds tone better without floppy strings ( considering both have the same gauge strings on them ).... I own a standard EPIBIRD, and have no problem detuning all the strings 2 steps down from E, ( C-F-A#-D# ) all day and have many videos of the EPI when tuned that low using 45-105 normal rounds to show it works perfectly on mine... ( I always detune ALL strings, not that drop-D "E string only" stuff )

because I do not own the LP version, I cannot say if you can do that to that model or not....